What is this workshop about?
There still exists considerable concern that although people with a disability are physically present in our communities, they’re still disconnected and living lonely lives of isolation and segregation (Shut Out Report, 2009). Although we may hold the goal for more inclusive lives for people with a disability, we’re often unsure how to go about it! This workshop is a learning event for those who are serious about exploring and discovering opportunities for welcome, contribution and connection that are abound within our communities for people with a disability.
Topics covered in this workshop:
• Belonging and social inclusion—What is it and why is it important?
• Possible dis-connectors and connectors!
• Building a context for a full, meaningful and inclusive life,
• Discovering and harnessing potential, gifts, interests and passions,
• The importance of typical pathways and valued roles,
• The art of asking,
• Making the most out of community,
• Practical strategies that enhance, enable and strengthen belonging, connection and relationships,
• Facing struggles and challenges with creativity, and
• Sharing stories.
This is a practical workshop and will use interactive exercises, refection and discussion.
Another workshop will be held during August:
13 August 2019, 9am to 5pm
ONE Community Church Inc
184 Surrey Road, Blackburn Vic